While our vanities are all loaded with face masks, sometimes it's best to keep things simple and DIY one with fresh ingredients that are already stocked in our kitchen. Here are some simple recipes to help rid blackheads, acne and hydrate. Enjoy!
Solution: Bentonite Clay Mask
Blackheads at its simplest, are oil and dead skins cells that have oxidized and nestled themselves amongst your pores. Bentonite Clay is a base of many dermatological formulas and is especially absorbent when it comes to oils and grease. It has a (safe) strong, negative electrical charge which makes it an ideal extractive for toxins (which have a positive charge). Mix it with Pure Apple Cider Vinegar and you have a recipe for a rejuvenating and healing remedy for blackheads.
Caution: When using Bentonite Clay, metal tools are a no-no (dishes, utensils etc.). Avoid contact with your eyes and if you have sensitive/reactive skin limit mask time to 10 minutes.
What You'll Need: 2 Tablespoons of Bentonite Clay, 2 Tablespoons of 100% Pure Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix the Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar in a Bowl (no metal, remember!) This will create a grayish, mousse like texture- which is what we want.
- Apply evenly around the face and let the mask do it's work for 15-20 minutes then rinse off.
Solution: Avocado Face Mask
Winter can certainly do a number on our skin; leaving it dry, cracked and lackluster. However, this mask is aimed to soften, moisturize and soothe with it's abundance of rich minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.. Give this simple mask a try to reverse Winter's wrath.
What You'll Need: 1/2 Ripe Avocado, 1/2 Ripe Banana, 1 Whole Egg, 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Cut up your Avocado and Banana.
- Crack the Egg and pour Avocado, Banana and Olive Oil mixture into a bowl. Stir all the ingredients around until the consistency becomes that of a puree.
-Massage into the skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off after time is up.
Coconut Oil contains antiseptic properties while Green Tea provides reduction of redness and inflammation- an ideal blend for combating acne. Both ingredients are gentle enough for most skin types and the silky texture feels great on the face.
What You'll Need: 1 Teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder, 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil, 1 Teaspoon of Water
- Mix the Matcha Green Tea Powder and Coconut Oil in a bowl then, add water to thin out the consistency.
- Spread evenly on the skin's surface and let it set for 15- 20 minutes...then rinse off!