Backstage at NY Fashion Week this September I took note of the top beauty trends for Spring, some of which included buff nails, nude lips, electric eyes, deep side parts and flawless faces. Flawless faces, which to me is more than just a trend, it's a way of life. It's your skin! I got some tips from CoverGirl Celebrity Makeup Artist, Jake Bailey, on how to achieve the no-makeup-makeup look, flawlessly. 1. Start by removing any excess oil or makeup with a toner or astringent.
2. Apply lip balm at the start of your makeup routine so it has time to be absorbed. Then, when you’re ready to apply lipstick, lips will be soft and supple, but not sticky.
3. Spread a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer over entire face as a primer and then blot with a sponge to remove excess. I'd recommend Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Free Moisturizer, $16.99.
4. Using a flat-topped brush, dab a creamy foundation like Giorgio Armani Designer Shaping Cream Foundation SPF 20, $65, onto your face and décolletage.
5. Conceal under eye circles with a light reflecting concealer. Be sure to keep the product away from your lash line It will only highlight puffiness.
6. Use the sponge to blot away excess foundation before applying blush and bronzer to prevent a “cakey” look.
7. Using a brush, apply cream blush to the apples of your cheeks, then blend it out around your entire cheek for a natural flush. The brush gives it a more natural look.
8. Warm up the look with bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and around the perimeter of your face.
9. Use an oversized, soft brush to set the look with a light powder. The soft bristles provide less resistance, helping keep makeup intact. I use the CoverGirl + Olay Pressed Powder, $10.49, because it's a bit moisturizing and doesn't make my skin look cakey. Check out my review here.
10. Finish with mascara. For a smudge-free application, place a business card at the base of the lash line, then brush mascara over top lashes. The business card helps separate lashes and prevents clumping and excess.