This weekend I found myself wondering, what does one wear to a red carpet event in Nashville? Why? Because this week I'll be attending the Country Music Awards on behalf of Colgate Optic White! Yes, not just any red carpet event, but the CMA's so if you're a fan of country music (hello, Blake Shelton and Carrie Underwood), make sure you follow along my live tweet from the show and check out my Instagram for behind the scenes pics. So what am I doing to prep? These five simple things that you can try in order to look fab for any occasion.
1. Use Self Tanner - I'm using a trifecta of self tanners to make sure I have a red carpet glow that can compete with J. Lo - not so much to look dark (it is November), but think more of a healthy glow. A self tan not only helps to bring more life to your look, but also makes your legs and arms look leaner and more toned. Guaranteed Carrie Underwood will be glowing as well.
2. Boost Your Smile - Naturally, the Colgate team sent me everything I need to make sure my smile is in check for the big event. Daily, I've been brushing with their Optic White PLATINUM Whiten & Protect Toothpaste and then using the Optic White WhiteSeal Mouthwash. Ever since I've had Invisalign and achieved a perfect smile, I've been anal about taking care of my teeth. Before big events, definitely boost the whitening factor.
3. Apply a Face Mask - I like to apply a moisturizing mask after I travel to help plump up my skin, but also before any big event to prep it before I put makeup on. Try applying a thick layer of whole milk yogurt to your face and let it sit for 20 minutes. It acts like an anti-aging and moisturizing treatment, because yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps to slough off dead skin cells and shrink the appearance of large pores.
4. Add Lashes - Adding a few individual false lashes to the outer corners of my eyes is my #1 secret for going from everyday to glam. Don't be afraid of the application. It's easier than you think and you only need three or four on each eye to make a big difference.
4. Find a Dress - I used Rent the Runway to find a dress that's fun, yet appropriate for the red carpet event. The idea of being able to rent and return a dress is genius to me, because after being photographed in a dress, I don't normally like wearing it again to another big event.
*This post is sponsored by Colgate, but all of my thoughts and actions are true.