Last week I received a press release for a Man-i-cure from the first OPI Concept Salon called the Rob|B Salon in Studio City, CA. It caught my attention not only because I love writing about men and grooming, but because I've been wanting my boyfriend, Joe to get a man-i-cure and pedi with me for quite some time and he wants nothing to do with it. The man-i-cure break down:
- Cleansing – the first step to any manicure (male or female) is soaking and cleaning the nails. This is important because dirt, bacteria and illness causing germs can live underneath the nail and this is a great way to rid your fingers of this.
- Shaping – ideal for keeping each nail looking uniform and a great way to rid the nails of rough edges, hangnails, rips and tears. A must have step for men who want their nails to look even.
- Cuticle work – cuticle care and maintenance help build the overall health of the fingers and nails but is very often overlooked by men. The cuticle needs to be hydrated and properly nourished so that it can promote a healthy nail bed.
- Hand care – exfoliation treatments such as sugar scrubs are an effective and easy way to get rid of rough skin leaving behind a much smoother hand. Hydrating lotions are also applied to moisturize the hands so that they become much softer.
- Nail Buffing – designed to completely smooth out the nail and offer a low shine, this step leaves the nail looking extremely healthy.
I think it's important for men to keep up their hands! What do you think of men getting manis?