Ladies, it's safe to say that pedi season is in full effect. Even though the weather is throwing has been throwing a curve ball at our spring wardrobe (tights or no tights lately) we're all better off safe than sorry. I spoke with The Spa at Fontainebleau’s Director of Spa Operations, Josie Feria, who shared a DIY foot scrub designed to renew your skin and make sure your feet are ready. After all, there's nothing worse than starring at decrepit feet on the subway.
- 2 tsps mineral salts
- Soak feet in warm water with mineral salts
- Massage scrub onto feet and wrap in warm wet towels, allowing towels to cool off
- To warm towels – put under very hot faucet /squeeze out excess water and place in microwave unrolled for 1 minute on high (or more time if needed)
- Using wet towels remove scrub
- Use pumice stone or other callous reducer on any tough, thick skin – be careful not to overdo it and over sensitize your feet
- Rinse off
- Apply body lotion and place feet in plastic bags and cotton socks. Follow towel recipe to warm the socks but use a lower microwave setting and less time for maximum benefit. Leave socks on overnight.
While enjoying your feet treatment try on these complementary experiences:
- Warm a hand towel and place around your neck to increase relaxation
- Apply scrub to hands, thoroughly rinse and apply a body lotion and tuck into cotton gloves or mitts for the night
That's it! Barely any DIY effort and an essential foot scrub.